Saturday, February 5, 2011

Couture, Kristen and Chandeliers.

The September 2010 issue of Italian Vogue (which my sister thoughtfully bought me for Christmas!) contained the Grand Couture supplement of which I'm still feasting my eyes on. Twenty pages of Kristen McMenamy, impractical couture and - you guessed it - chandeliers. A Perfect combination. Like a modern day Ms Havisham, Kristen Mcmenamy with her strong, hard features draped in glittery couture and languishing in a dilapidated mansion. And how about that giant chandelier? Like I said, a feast for the eyes..
Images via Fashion Gone Rogue.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful images! i can feel myself wanting to cut them up!!
    hope your weekend has been fun so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... nobody quite does the fashion shoot like Italian Vogue, do they? I've been a big fan of Kristen Mc for so many years (like school!) I cannot believe this woman has barely aged! She is so amazing. Thanks for this, Jo - just love it :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, I like the unreal quality, the colour palette, and I always love a Miss Haversham reference!

    ReplyDelete