Friday, April 9, 2010

Hooray For Holidays (and Elizabeth Peyton).




Hooray, holidays are here and I have a huge (unrealistic) list of things I want to achieve. Ruby and I had a lucky find at the salvos last weekend - the wardrobe we have been searching for to replace the baby one she grew out of ages ago. Of course it was a little more than we wanted to pay  - I know! Even the Salvos get what vintage is worth now :(   - and is going to take a lot of sanding and repainting  -ugh! - but I know it will be worth it when it's all shiny white and bright...I just know it will make her want to hang her clothes up rather than toss them on the floor, I do, I just..er.. .know it....
Other things on the list are getting back to some sewing projects (the ones that have been sitting around sadly waiting for some attention while I got on with the study) and finally do a huge declutter and subsequent ebay blitz. Am totally motivated to do this because there are some great art books Iwould just love to buy with the proceeds. That's right folks I am totally motivated...once I get rid of the post assessment evil virus that just had to pop up it's ugly head the minute I got through...wouldn't you know it? Anyway will post some beautiful pictures from the beautiful book I want to buy with projected ebay earnings. It's called Forever Young from an exhibition of  luminous paintings by Elizabeth Peyton. Can you recognise any of her famous subjects?

2 comments:

  1. I love Elizabeth Peyton's work - thanks for the show :) You made me laugh about the Salvos - it's so true! When hubby and I first lived together (20 years ago now - can't believe that...) we furnished an entire flat from the salvos for $100. Still have some it too :)
    Enjoy your new wardrobe! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit I'm indifferent to Elizabeth Peyton's work. But then agian i am a girl who has very little idea about art...

    hnery had his first practise soccer session, kill me now, please. but am enjoying the hols, we must cluedo soon xx

    ReplyDelete