Friday, September 7, 2012

Light Box Logistics.


One direction I'm going in is to try and create some 2D images based on my chosen themes then framed as though x rays. Meaning my images will need to be printed on acetate (no problem) and then the frames will have to effectively be light boxes (problem). My frames are 4cm deep so trying to configure a uniform light over the entire image working within the 4 cm depth to contain the lighting source is proving difficult and likely expensive. Already I have reduced the image size (should mention I don't actually have any images yet but thought I should first ascertain the do-ability of the concept before going to that length) from A4 to A5 and have bought a mini digital photo frame (Thanks Christine for that idea!) off ebay for it's LCD screen. Hasn't arrived from China yet but it's one possibility. So still problem solving I'm afraid...desperate to get making though....How is everyone else going?

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOooooooooo! I love this light box idea. It reminds me of some of the Mixed Media at my college back in the day...

    xoxo

    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete